Book Blog Hop: The Best of 2012

December 28, 2012

Books have been a huge part of this year for me. They always have been, but this year, I kinda got a lot of books to slake my thirst for them (I sound like a vampire, don't I?)

I finally read Gone with The Wind this year, but frankly, I really don't see what all the hype is about. It is intense, though.

But I still haven't worked up the nerve to read Wuthering Heights. Once, when I was really small (I think around 7 or 8?), my parents had gone Eid shopping, ans my sister and I were watching the Wuthering Heights movie on television. I remember it being all dark and angsty, and since then I've always associated it with unpleasantness. Naturally, that feeling leaked onto the book, and so, I'm yet to read a piece of world famous literature. Plus, I know that they don't end up together, and being the sucker that I am for happy ending, that doesn't really motivate me to pick up the thing.

So I thought I'd try out this meme thing again (after the last one, I realised that the Random Tuesday Thoughts thingy is dead). This time I thought I join in the Book Blogger Hop. I know I'm not yet a full-fledged book blogger, and I'm just starting out, but since it about books, it's right up my lane, plus, I loved the question!

-----



Book Blogger Hop is the creation of Jen from Crazy for Books. Since October, the weekly hop has been hosted by a variety of bloggers. This week it is hosted by Tea Time with Marce.

Q: What were  your favourites of 2012?

I tried to confine it to 10, but it became 11. They're all totally awesome books that I would recommend to anyone who reads!

These are in no particular order. Well, there are. In alphabetical. (the images link to the Goodreads page)


Thirteen Reasons Why 
 Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher 

An Abundance of Katherines 
An Abundance of Katherines by John Green

 Flat-Out Love
Flat-Out Love by Jessica Park

Hopeless
Hopeless by Colleen Hoover

Wonder 
Wonder by R. J. Palacio

Liar 
Liar by Justine Larbalestier

Pushing the Limits (Pushing the Limits, #1)
Pushing the Limits by Katy McGarry

Saving Francesca
Saving Francesca by Melina Marchetta

Slammed (Slammed, #1)
Slammed by Colleen Hoover

SuperFreakonomics: Global Cooling, Patriotic Prostitutes And Why Suicide Bombers Should Buy Life Insurance
SuperFreakonomics by Steven D. Levitt & Stephen J. Dubner
The upside of irrationality : the unexpected benefits of defying logic at work and at home
The Upside of Irrationality by Dan Ariely

6 comments :

  1. Great list, I want to read Liar. I love your memory of WHeights and I had to laugh when you said they don't end up together, is that a huge spoiler??? lol

    Thanks for participating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you've had a great reading year. I always say Gone with the Wind is my all time favorite book, but I haven't read it in a long while. Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a good list- I didn't get to read many great books this year :( but I loved Wonder and I read An Abundance of Katherines a few years ago and remember really enjoying it. I have Liar on my ereader but I haven't read it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to blogging and to the Book Blogger Hop...NEW FOLLOWER of your blog.

    I love GONE WITH THE WIND. :)

    Nice list...haven't read any of them. Thanks for sharing.

    Happy Hopping..Happy Reading...Happy New Year!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My answer



    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG. I LOVED SLAMMED. It had me speechless and so. I loved it. Thanks for the rec. :) Can't wait to check out FLAT OUT LOVE as well. I loved Wonder and TFiOS and Liar xD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Flat Out Love is great! I actually found it to be better than Slammed :D

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and say hi! Anything else is great too! :D

This blog is an award free blog. I'm truly honoured that you would think to nominate me, but unfortunately, things are really hectic for me what with juggling college, books, and blogging, and I find myself unable to spread the awards to other deserving bloggers.