The Night Circus

March 2, 2013

I'm currently reading The Night Circus by


DISCLAIMER: The following poem has nothing whatsoever to do with me. Kindly keep that in mind.



The Night Circus

Big tops, popcorn, and acrobats
Candy canes, wheels, and a man with cats
Feeling high and seeing twos
I brought myself to a circus tonight.

Round and round the merry-go-round
Up, up, up the giant, giant wheel
Drowning, drowning in the eye of the tiger
Lub-dub, lub-dub, my heart goes still.

She kicked me in the gut tonight
I'm scared my heart is scarred for life
So I brought myself to a circus tonight
Where hearts and dreams are still alive.

Meandering twixt the bear and ape
There's a little girl transfixed, like me
Presenting herself, defenseless, for
The eye of the tiger has caught her eye.

"Come away, little one, look!
I've got a toy for you here",
I called, cautiously, fearfully
the child away from the beast.

'But I dont want to' she said
Never tearing her eyes away
'I like this tiger.
He's my friend.'

'But what do you see?'
'Oh! But dont you see it too?
In his pools of forever, I see
All my dreams alive, ablaze.'

My feet without my volition, carry
Me beside the little firebrand, and
My dreams are there, again, alive
I'm glad I brought myself to the circus tonight.

--- by FM
This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda - See more at: http://blog.blogadda.com/2013/03/01/creative-writing-for-indian-bloggers-wow#sthash.Nc1BY1gZ.dpuf
This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda - See more at: http://blog.blogadda.com/2013/03/01/creative-writing-for-indian-bloggers-wow#sthash.Nc1BY1gZ.dpuf
This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda - See more at: http://blog.blogadda.com/2013/03/01/creative-writing-for-indian-bloggers-wow#sthash.Nc1BY1gZ.dpuf



This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda.

P.S.: The title is probably not very original, but I thought it kind of fit. I thought of 'The Circus at Night' first, but then I changed it to 'The Night Circus'. I feel like it conveys a bit of mystery, a bit of revelry, a bit of the sinister, and that's what I wanted, so yeah, the title stuck :)

1 comment :

  1. innocence and children - inseparable. very sweet poem.. had fun reading it :-)

    A Rat's Nibble

    salaams

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and say hi! Anything else is great too! :D

This blog is an award free blog. I'm truly honoured that you would think to nominate me, but unfortunately, things are really hectic for me what with juggling college, books, and blogging, and I find myself unable to spread the awards to other deserving bloggers.