Armchair BEA: Kick Off!

May 28, 2013



Hey there, people!

This is my first time joining in on the fun with Armchair BEA and I'm super super excited about it! :) I am also nervous and hope I get all the challenges and discussions properly, because I'm not so good at that kinda stuff (I'm forgetful).

Here are my answers to the intro questions! Yeah, some of the basics questions aren't here, but they are answered in my About page, that's why I left it out :)



1. Where in the world are you blogging from? Tell a random fact or something special about your current location. Feel free to share pictures. 
I live in Chennai, India. Hehe, pretty far from most of you, right? Hm... something special? It has the second longest beach in the world - Marina Beach, and has a lighthouse too, one of the few in the world. Random fact? Okay, any Hiddlestoners in the house? Tom Hiddleston visits Chennai often, because his sister lives in Pondicherry! :D
2. What are you currently reading, or what is your favorite book you have read so far in 2013? 
I'm currently reading The Disappearing Girl by Heather Topham Wood. I've just started, so I dont yet know how it'll go. My favourite this year, was absolutely without any doubt, The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. I'll spare you the fangirling. If you still want to, you can read it here :)

3. Tell us one non-book-related thing that everyone reading your blog may not know about you. 
Hmm... this is a tough one. I dont really remember what I've mentioned here and what I haven't. Okay, I'm currently doing my B.Sc. in Psychology. Have I already said that here? Just in case I have, here's an other fact: I LOVE baking. Cakes, biscuits, muffins... all of 'em!

4. Have you previously participated in Armchair BEA? What brought you back for another year? If you have not previously participated, what drew you to the event? 
No, this is my first time participating. Well, the obvious reason is books! Anything that involves books, and I'm there :) But since I cant go to actual BEA at New York, I thought why not have the online experience at Armchair BEA? It's also a wonderful way to meet new people and discuss bookish stuff.

5. Which is your favorite post that you have written that you want everyone to read?

Okay this post is not book related. It's my first blog post, and it's kind of different. I dont know how to explain it, except that I just wrote down my thoughts, exactly the way they were in my head. And it's like a window that looks into Chennai life. Check it out here! :)

15 comments :

  1. I LOVED the Night Circus too! Such an awesome book. :D

    Enjoy Armchair BEA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Fahima :) Nice to get to know you better! I have the Night Circus on my TBR, and look forward to reading it.

    I hope you'll have a lot of fun during the Armchair BEA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Fahima! Wow, India! I think it's so cool that you live there. :) I've been really intrigued by The Night Circus. I'll have to check it out. I hope you enjoy your first Armchair BEA! It's so much fun getting to know other bloggers. :)

    - Jana @ That Artsy Reader Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks! You should, it's awesome! I hope so too, that's my favourite part in all this! :)

      Delete
  4. India! Awesome! I have some friends from there, but none that live there currently. Psychology. That sounds fun. And Night Circus, I've had that on my TBR for ages and I have acopy. I really should get round to it some time soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE The Night Circus! In fact, I put the circus as the bookish location I'd most like to visit. I'd also love to visit India, actually! nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking of doing the exact same thing! But then I thought it'd seem too obsessed, so I didn't :)

      Delete
  6. You have a beautiful blog! I loved Night Circus as well! I couldn't put it down

    Kendal
    Kinx's Book Nook
    http://www.kinxsbooknook.com/armchair-bea-day-1-introductions-classics/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Fahima,

    It is so nice to meet you. I also loved The Night Circus! I hope you have fun participating in Armchair BEA.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Night Circus was such a pleasant surprise for me. I didn't think I would love it as much as I did :)

    Yep, we're very far apart, lol. I'm in the States, in Wisconsin. I would LOVE to visit India one day. It's one of my very favorite places to read about :)

    Have a great ABEA!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great to meet you! I also love The Night Circus, and I saw your review of Eleanor and Park flash by up top, so I'll have to go check that out. I finished it on Friday and just adored it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I happened to see your review of Twerp flash by when the page opened. I'm currently about 3/4 of the way through and still trying to decide what I think.

    I love the globalness of BEA! Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and say hi! Anything else is great too! :D

This blog is an award free blog. I'm truly honoured that you would think to nominate me, but unfortunately, things are really hectic for me what with juggling college, books, and blogging, and I find myself unable to spread the awards to other deserving bloggers.