Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Things To Read When You Need Something Light and Fun

May 7, 2013

See, I wanted to post this in the morning. But it's 10 pm, and I still haven't -_- . When will I ever overcome my procrastinating tendencies? :( 

I had to really pore through my Goodreads list for this one. I usually like to read stuff that's intense, so I didn't think I'd find very many.  But surprisingly, I found quite a bit of light reads. Yay! :)

My definition of a light read is something that is not very intense and emotional, but still has at least a bit of serious in it, and not completely fluff. So you will find that a lot of the following books are like that.


1. Can You Keep A Secret by Sophie Kinsella
I know Kinsella is the author of the famous Shopaholic series, but I haven't read them, and I dont plan to either. This book, however, is the perfect mix of hilarity and romance.
2. Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen
Ah! Pride and Prejudice. The ultimate chick lit (at least to me). With Mrs. Bennet's greatest worry being to get rid of her daughters, this book is an all time favourite that any generation can relate to.


I've spoken about this book earlier, and since it's found it's way into another of my lists, I shall do so again. This book is a riot! The characters' straight faced hilarity (I really hope you got what I meant by that) and general craziness during Colin's 'mission' to prove The Theorem of Underlying Katherine Predictability, make this book is a win all the way!

It's hilarious, it's got rock stars, its got an amazing best friend and a budding romance. What more do you want in a light read? Pure fluff, and I loved it! My review!

This book was great! One of my best reads this year, I think. It's a feel good story about a girl and a boy who fall in love with each other while exchanging emails. Not very probable, but then again, even fairy tales are not probable, are they? My review!

God, it seems like such a long time since I read this book. I remember reading this series a few years back and loving them. This is book 2 in the series, and my favourite. Perfect for a day when you just want to read something where you dont have to think, but still with a lot of excitement.

Omg, I love this cover! It's so... red, and I'm digging red right now :) Other than that, this book can get into the 'Most Unique Books of All Time' list (if there is one), simply because of the format it's written in. It really is a dictionary. It's a story told in the form of a dictionary, and it blows me away at how the author has succeeded! My review!

8. Amplified by Tara Kelly
This was one GREAT book! I'd seen a lot of people going on and on about it, and finally picked it up to see what it was all about, and man did I wish I'd read it sooner!

 
9. 2 States: The Story of My Life by Chetan Bhagat
When Indians get married, its not only the guy and the girl who do. It's their respective families as well, literally. So when Krish and Ananya want to get married they have to go through all the various hoops set by their families if they want to even think of a life together. With it's spot on portrayal of Indian families and love in today's India, this book is a great if you just want to relax and get a look into another culture at the same time.

10. Wonder by R. J. Palacio
I love how Wonder dealt with a pretty heavy issue at its core, but it wasn't preachy or serious. It was just a story about a boy and his life.

So what are your top 10 light reads?

P.S.: It's 11 pm. *facepalm*

5 comments :

  1. I procrastinate as well! You're not alone. I love Sophie Kinsella. She's a great writer. An Abundance of Katherines is on my list too. I want to read This Is What Happy Looks Like. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome list, I tend to grab a contemporary or historical romance when I want a light, feel good read. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list, Kinsella is that author I look for whenever I want a good laugh. Here is my TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I put the Gallagher Girls series on my list, too, even though I've only read the first book. It was SO fun, though. I know I'll enjoy the rest of the series -- I just need to get around to it, you know?

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I procrastinated too...

    Do you know, I haven't read a single one of these except P&P? Although several are on my TBR list, if I ever have time to get around to them. I'd like to give Kinsella a try, and the Ally Carter books.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and say hi! Anything else is great too! :D

This blog is an award free blog. I'm truly honoured that you would think to nominate me, but unfortunately, things are really hectic for me what with juggling college, books, and blogging, and I find myself unable to spread the awards to other deserving bloggers.