Top Ten Tuesday: Favourite Secondary Characters

August 27, 2013

 
 Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. Every week they post a new topic/top ten list and invite everyone to share their own answers.

I am so happy about this week's topic! Everyone's always talking about the main characters in a story, and often even forget the secondary characters completely. But there are some awesome secondary characters out there that add so much to the story and stick around in your head long after you've finished the book. So this is something like a tribute to them. Here are the awesome top ten of the lot, in no particular order.

Oh, but before that, I've got some interesting news... Jessi over at Auntie Spinelli Reads has interviewed me as part of her Undersea Spotlight feature! She's a wonderful blogger (and LOVE the blog design) and she also had some really cool questions that I had fun answering! Head over there to check it out! :)
Top Ten Favourite Secondary Characters
Favourite Secondary Characters Harry Potter
“Oh, are you doing magic? Let’s see it, then.”
She sat down. Ron looked taken aback.
“Er — all right.”
He cleared his throat.

“Sunshine, daisies, butter mellow,
Turn this stupid, fat rat yellow.”


He waved his wand, but nothing happened. Scabbers stayed gray and fast asleep.
“Are you sure that’s a real spell?” said the girl. “Well, it’s not very good, is it? I’ve tried a few simple spells just for practice and it’s all worked for me. I’ve learned all our course books by heart, of course.” 
“Augustus Waters was a self-aggrandizing bastard. But we forgive him. We forgive him not because he had a heart as figuratively good as his literal one sucked, or because he knew more about how to hold a cigarette than any nonsmoker in history, or because he got eighteen years when he should've gotten more.'
'Seventeen,' Gus corrected.
'I'm assuming you've got some time, you interupting bastard.
'I'm telling you,' Isaac continued, 'Augustus Waters talked so much that he'd interupt you at his own funeral. And he was pretentious: Sweet Jesus Christ, that kid never took a piss without pondering the abundant metaphorical resonances of human waste production. And he was vain: I do not believe I have ever met a more physically attractive person who was more acutely aware of his own physical attractiveness.
'But I will say this: When the scientists of the future show up at my house with robot eyes and they tell me to try them on, I will tell the scientists to screw off, because I do not want to see a world without him.'
“I'm hard to catch. If they can't catch me they cant kill me. So don't count me out."
“Takes a lot of tries before you hit perfection." He paused to reconsider that. "Well, except for my parents. They got it on the first try." - Adrian

Mason: "Belikov is a sick, evil man who should be thrown into a pit of rabid vipers for the great offense he committed against you this morning."
Rose: "Thank you. Can vipers be rabid?"
Mason: "I don't see why not. Everything can be. I think. Canadian geese might be worse than vipers, though."
Rose: "Canadian geese are deadlier than vipers?"
Mason: "You ever tried to feed those little bastards? They're vicious. You get thrown to vipers, you die quickly. But the geese? That'll go on for days. More suffering."
Rose: "Wow. I don't know whether I should be impressed or frightened that you've thought about all this."
'Even so, I love you.'
Matt smiled at her and winked. 'I know.'
Celeste and Julie both smacked him.
'This would be an appropriate time not to be a dork or a smartass,' Julie said.
Celeste popped her head into the front seat. 'Be the hero, Matty. Come on. You're supposed to be the hero now. The romantic lead.'
'I know that, too,' he said. Matt did not hesitate a moment longer. 'Julie, I love you. I absolutely love you.'
'Good,' Celeste said, satisfied. 'Now it's time to jump.” 
"What is she to you?" she whispers. The real question and I know the answer even if I don't know how to say it.
Drew's muffled voice rises up from the floor before I can respond.
"Family," he says.
And he's right.” 
“Come thaw my frozen heart, my little arctic kitten.”
Unable to resist, Aria jumped in and picked up the next line. “No chance, my yeti man, I’d rather be frostbitten.”
“Let me be your snowman. Come live in my igloo.”
“I’d rather freeze to death than hibernate with you.”
“She stared up at him, and her eyes were so large they looked like blue mint candies. 'I get to stay?'

'You're damn right you're staying, and I don't want to hear another word of disrespect.' His voice broke. 'I'm your father, and you damn well better love me the same way I love you, or you'll be sorry.'

The next thing he knew, he was grabbing her, and she was grabbing him, and all the bozos coming down the jerway trying to get past them were jabbing them with bags and briefcases, but he didn't care. He was holding tight to this daughter he loved so desperately, and he wasn't ever going to let her go.” 
"Gotcha," she said, and kissed his throat.
Jasper chuckled, shaking his head.
"You truly are one frightening little monster."
______

"You are so bizarre, even for a human."
"It's not the face, but the expressions on it. It's not the voice, but what you say. It's not how you look in that body, but the things you do with it. You are beautiful."

14 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. I did choose Mrs. Bennet at the beginning, but then I replaced her with Roar. But she is kinda unforgettable, isnt she? Maybe I should add her as an honorable mention or something...

      Delete
  2. Ron and Hermione - of course, though I counted them as main ones. I could pick 30 favorite secondaries just there! And I agree with Adrian and Isaac, though I didn't like Adrian too much at the beginning.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! If I could, and if there weren't so many more characters from other books to mention, I'd just pick them all from HP and be done with it! :D

      Delete
  3. I've been wanting to read Flat-Out Love for AGES. Celeste sounds hilarious :)

    My TTT :)

    Allie @ Little Birdie Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Allie, Flat Out love is so brilliant! And Celeste is such an awesome character - part fragile, part spunky. I loved it!

      Delete
  4. I'm glad someone else picked Rue. I always thought she was pretty special and stood out from all the other tributes. Here's my T10T
    Vilia @ Backchatting Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know right?! I saw that a lot of people had picked Cinna, but even though Rue just appeared for a small bit in the first book, she had quite an impact on me.

      Delete
  5. Great list!! I love me some Mason and Adrian. New follower on bloglovin :)

    Kelly @ Dandelion Dreams

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Harry Potter, The Fault in Our Stars, and The Hunger Games!

    Check out my TTT: http://spunwithwords.blogspot.com/2013/08/top-ten-tuesday-82713.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should ;)! They all three amazing books! :D

      Delete
  7. I FORGOT ALICE AND ISSAC D: What is this???! Lol. Great list!
    Jackie

    http://www.nobentspines.blogspot.com/2013/08/top-ten-tuesday_27.html

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and say hi! Anything else is great too! :D

This blog is an award free blog. I'm truly honoured that you would think to nominate me, but unfortunately, things are really hectic for me what with juggling college, books, and blogging, and I find myself unable to spread the awards to other deserving bloggers.