Top Ten Tuesday: Things That Make My Life As A Blogger Easier/Better

August 20, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. Every week they post a new topic/top ten list and invite everyone to share their own answers.

This week's topic, as you can see, is the top ten things that make our life as a blogger easier. Aw isn't this  nice? It's like a thank you post to everything/everyone that makes blogging just that much more fun!

Top Ten Things That Make My Life As A Blogger Better


A lot of the books I've read, I've read because of Goodreads. I found it about in 2009, I think, and used it to find SO MANY books! Goodreads introduced me to YA books, people, so duh, I'm indebted to it! But I opened an account on it only last December, and it's been really, really helpful to keep track of the books I've read and the ones I want to read. I dont exactly have a stellar memory, so a lot of books I want to read will just slip out of my mind if not for Goodreads.


I know a lot of people feel Wordpress is better, but I dont know, for me, Blogger is so much more user friendly. I have another blog on Wordpress, and while I love the look and sleekness of it all, I find it a lot more confusing than Blogger. Blogger does have it's faults (commenting system!), but I think I'll stick to it for now :)

 

Photoshop is like my virtual playground. I honestly love it, with it's endless possibilities! I use it for literally every single post, for  everything from the book cover to my headings and stuff. And I doubt this place would look as good as it does if I didn't know how to Photoshop! :D


Seriously, would there even be such a thing as 'book bloggers' without books? So dear books, you wonderful things that make life so much more fun, and bearable, open so many doors for us, thank you!


NetGalley is awesome for getting yet-to-be-released books, and for an international book blogger like me, who doesn't get print copies all that often, this is one great tool! And I love browsing the catalogues on Edelweiss, looking for interesting new books to look forward to.


I dont have a Kindle Kindle, people. By that I mean I dont have the device, but I plan to remedy that very soon, hopefully within the next year. I discovered Kindle very recently, a few months back, quite by accident, actually, since I didn't know they had Desktop and Android versions too. I downloaded the Desktop version, and my reading life has become so much easier since then. Although nothing can ever equal the feel of real paper in my hands, Kindle is pretty nice to use, with it's highlighting and note-taking features.


I have a serious case of paper fetish. I love brand new paper, all pretty and clean, and if they have pretty patterns or anything, I fall in love. And they're really, really helpful in making notes and stuff, or doodling, or writing down inspiration, etc. In every single book I read, you'll always find a few leaves of paper tucked somewhere in between. I hate making any mark on my books, so if I find an awesome quote, or I just want to take notes, or if I strike upon a cool idea, I just jot it down on the paper.


Like with Kindle, I found Twitter too a few months ago, and it's so much more fun than Facebook! What I love about Twitter is that I find awesome blog posts and reviews through it, which is great, because I'm always on the hunt for book awesomeness, and this helps big time!


Book blogging wouldn't be have as fun as it it without fellow book bloggers! I love the community feel and the that everyone's so nice to each other (mostly). Also, when checking out other blogs, I always come away with some way to improve my own, like my reviewing style, or design, or a discussion post topic, or some awesome new feature idea. Plus, book recs! SO MANY of my books decisions are made based on book blogger reviews and recommendations! You guys rock! :)


I've mentioned them once before, and I'll do so again. My book BFFs are Pooja @ On Books! and Aaliya @ Peek Into Me Head. They're both awesome real life friends and bookish friends! But how do they help with my blogging? Well, Pooja is an awesome book blogger herself, and is always available for, well, anything blog related (and non-blog related too). She's been a huge help in getting me to learn the ropes! Aaliya is a great sounding board. I usually run any new ideas by her and she gives me her honest opinion; no trying to soften the blow or anything. Also, she kind of helped me come up with my blog name! 

So yeah... those are the things that make blogging so much better for me! What about you?!

12 comments :

  1. Sticky notes! I use small square to highlight teasers or something I might want to mention in a review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sticky notes! I use them too!!! I cant believe I forgot to mention them! :D I love them, btw. All the different colours and stuff :)

      Delete
  2. Good list, I agree that blogger seems a lot more user friendly then wordpress which why I don't use that site and I agree that books are key to a book blog as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lilly :) Yep, Wordpress just boggles my mind, I swear :( And yay books! <3

      Delete
  3. I agree with a lot of your picks, although I am a fan of Wordpress! I couldn't blog without Goodreads or the lovely book blogging friends that I've made! Great list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like customising my blog look a lot, which Wordpress doesn't really allow, but I guess to each his/her own, huh? :) Goodreads and bloggy buddies FTW!

      Delete
  4. Everyone keeps saying that Wordpress is better but I can't even imagine myself on anything but Blogger!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, me either. But I do know Wordpress has a lot of plus points comparatively, so I cant say I'll never switch over. Just not in the forseeable future :)

      Delete
  5. Awesome list! You have a lot of good ones. :)

    My TTT:

    http://qaisracetusbookblog.blogspot.com/2013/08/top-ten-tuesday-82013.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe I didn't think to include some of these on my TTT. Like um... books? DUH! Book blogging would be hard without books. And of course my book blogging friends and readers. This would be no where as much fun as it is if we didn't have people to interact with! Great list :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would do anything to hold your damn feet to the ground, love.

    Cheers!
    xD

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and say hi! Anything else is great too! :D

This blog is an award free blog. I'm truly honoured that you would think to nominate me, but unfortunately, things are really hectic for me what with juggling college, books, and blogging, and I find myself unable to spread the awards to other deserving bloggers.