ARC August Update: Week Two

August 19, 2015


Week 2 has gone by very slowly. I had to really struggle with staying on track, but I still managed to kind of meet my goal.

I finished:

Dumplin' by Julie Murphy
I really, really enjoyed Dumplin', you guys. I probably shouldn't be surprised, considering how this little gem has been getting some great raves lately, but my history with hyped books isn't exactly great, so I wasn't exactly confident that I'd like it. But I did!

Willowdean (she's mostly called Will in the book, but there's something about saying 'Willowdean' that I love) is such a great role model, people. Really. I hope all girls, fat or thin, read this book, and come to accept and love their body the way it is. And love it for itself, if that makes sense. I couldn't connect with the book sometimes, but I think that was just me, and not the story itself.

Week Three Plan:

Goal One:
Write the review for Dumplin'. I really struggle with writing reviews. It's not the writing part itself that stumps me. No. I usually have a rough outline of the review in my head, which I reproduce whenever I sit down to type, with supplements from quotes and notes on my Kindle (YES I HAVE A KINDLE NOW!!!). My struggle lies in the 'sitting down to type' part of reviewing. I'm a lazy person. It's a constant struggle. Sigh.

Goal Two:
I've had this book since last year, and I really need to get to it. Other than that, I really don't know anything about it. From what I remember (I might be wrong), its got mixed reviews, so I'm not sure what to expect.


How did your second week of ARC August go? Have read either of these books? What did you think?