I'm Joining The ARC August Bandwagon!

August 2, 2015

Okay, this is super last minute guys, considering that August has already started, but hey, better late than never, right? 

For those of you who don't know, ARC August is a month long event organised by the ladies over at Read. Sleep. Repeat. where we tackle our piled up review copies. It's pretty chill and low pressure, and a good way to cross out books titles from those page long ARC lists.

I found out about ARC August a few days ago, but had no intention of joining at the time, because of uni and life crisis and stuff. But now, I've got some unexpected free time on my hands (classes at uni have been suspended indefinitely), the 'crisis' has passed somewhat, and after having a look at my Edelweiss pile up of books, I figured I better get my butt moving.

Its actually funny that I'm joining ARC August for my Edelweiss ARCs, because until just a couple months ago, my Edelweiss review percentage was impeccable, but my NetGalley percentage was utter crap. NetGalley is perfect now, though, since I cleaned up my act there. So yay!

Here's the list of ARCs I'm planning to get to this month, in order of priority (links lead to Goodreads):

1. The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness 
2. Dumplin' by Julie Murphy
3. Even in Paradise by Chelsey Philpot
4. Falling Into Place by Amy Zhang
5. The Bullies of Wall Street by Sheila Bair

The last book is non-fiction, and I may or may not read it. Depends on how the month goes. 

As you can see, I'm keeping my list short and non-scary. The problem with me is not that I cant read fast. I can. I'm super fast. It's the writing of the review that takes me ages, if I don't have much to say about the book, and especially if I don't write it immediately upon completing, which is what happens most of the time. So right now, my focus is going to be on reading and reviewing these books. If I do manage to complete these 5 (or even 4, skipping Wall Street), then I shall add a few more.

But let's not jump the gun.

Five is a good number.

Are you joining ARC August too? How many books are you planning to read?
Do you sometimes feel like there's nothing much to say about a book? 
How do you manage your tbr pile?
Hit me with your answers in the comments! =D